Sunday, July 13, 2008

Carlsberg and Beyond






Copenhagen is one of the best cities I have ever been to
* the size is perfect - not too big, not too small
* the bicycle scene is a way of life
* beautiful, young people everywhere
* tons of nightlife - tons of open space

Loved every minute of it. We were docked in the small town of Korsor, which is about an hour away from Copenhagen. Heading to the train station, I got rained on insanely hard. We all showed up in Copenhagen soaking wet and spent a considerable amount of time blowdrying our socks and shoes. Hah. After that misadventure, it was off to see the city.

I fell in love with Jazz music during my 4 day stay. Lucky enough, our time in port coincided with the world-famous Copenhagen Jazz Festival, which meant live music on every corner. Plenty of time to sit, have a drink, and enjoy the music. I also encountered a Museum of Musical Instruments, where I saw some of the most interesting contraptions every invented.

Randomly ended up in Sweden for a day. Spent the entire day eating and drinking at the beach, and then I stayed with a great local guy named Danny in his apartment in Malmo. Couchsurfers rules, so just let me know if you need a place to crash in LA come September. You may find some floorspace.

All in all, I had the time of my life in this port. I'm at a lack of words - partly because I just sent out a long email to everyone, and mostly because my thoughts now turn to our next port of call: Belgium and the Netherlands. The journey continues!

Love
Mark

(ps - visit Tivoli Gardens at some point in your life)
(pps - Some awesome SAS slideshows right here)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed your stay. So, was Christiania what you expected? :)

Yeah, if I go to CA I'll let you know :)