Saturday, May 17, 2008

All Work & No... Play?

Less than a month! I am in the week # countdown, and soon enough, the days and hours. So nuts...

Just for the record, this must be the longest I have ever been away from home. Newport Beach is not that far from Santa Barbara, but I have not a moment to spare. Even though I am barely taking any classes this quarter, I am working 30+ hours per week at the hotel in order to afford the summer ahead. The weather is so nice right now! I would love to spend a few days (well, I would settle for just 1 if I had to) down in Newport to see everyone before I leave. In fact, I aim to do so pretty soon.

Word around the office is that a good friend of mine (whose name I will not mention for clarity's sake) is leaving for Hong Kong in a few days. He may even be gone the whole summer, which means I will not see him because I leave for SAS the day after my quarter ends at UCSB. Well Scott, have the time of your life and I wish you all the best. Scott Reid Sanford will rise to having emperor-like powers and bring back the glory of China, all in a few short months. Good luck buddy.

Forecast for the Santa Barbara weekend: 100 degrees. Apparantly, nice weather entices certain folks with the desire to buy used minivans? If you happen to fall into that crowd, boy do I have a deal for you: my 1995 honda odyssey. It will go towards a good cause - I promise.

I could horde this blog with my countless craigslist ads, but that would be downright tacky. I am sure that the hammock, BBQ, hammock stand, BBQ set, textbooks, and mountain bike will all sell themselves in due time.

Come to SB and hangout before I leave (june 14th!). Look forward to seeing you.

Best,
-Mark

(PS - anyone in Westwood need a roommate next year? How about the SB area? How about anywhere??)

No comments: