Monday, April 28, 2008

All Things Ahead

So it's all happening, then.

On Saturday, June 14th, my plane leaves from LAX and takes me to Halifax, Nova Scotia (with a quick stop in Boston, for cheaptickets.com reasons). This travel day/night comes literally the moment after I finish my final exams on the 13th - Friday the 13th. I am very superserious in not wanting any supernatural nonsense. Anyways... I will be more ready than ever to leave port from Halifax and see the world on the Explorer. For your convenience, here are the stops:
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia
  • Bergen, Norway
  • St. Petersburg, Russia
  • Copenhagen, Denmark
  • Antwerp, Belgium
  • Naples, Italy
  • Istanbul, Turkey
  • Piraeus, Greece
  • Dubrovnik, Croatia
  • Norfolk, Virginia
--> Click to see a bigger map

This past New Years Day, I was told by a very wise woman that 2008 would be the best year of my life. She spoke these words to me with absolute certainty, and over the course of the past few weeks, I have realized the truth in her comment. I cannot help but jump on Google Earth every once in a while and "fly" to all the places on my itinerary for the summer. Many pictures will be taken, many stories will be blogged, and many memories will be... you know.

My story does not really end with Semester at Sea. The UCLA admissions office decided to give me some good news the other day - they like me, and want me to finish my undergrad over in their neck of the woods. For the record, I happen to like UCLA as well. (update: not sure what the hell I'm doing next year. I change my mind every five minutes...)

When 2008 continues into its final months (which is rapidly approaching - faster than ever), Mark Finster will turn 21 years old. Thats right. Assuming that I have any cash leftover from Semester at Sea (which is highly unlikely), I will finally be able to legally enjoy an alcoholic beverage in the comfort of... well... anywhere. I have no complaints, you see?

Plenty to do before now and then. Plenty enough reason to visit my blog again sometime soon. Cheers-

No comments: