Tuesday, July 29, 2008

In Cairo, In Cairo

TURN OF EVENTS
Two nights ago, a bomb exploded in a busy shopping street in Istanbul, killing at least 15 and injuring over 100 others. This occurred while the ship was already well on her way to Turkey, and immediate concern swept all passengers. Personally I did not feel safe going to Istanbul anymore - it was the largest attack they've witnessed in five years. Long story short, ISE has deemed the port to be too dangerous and the MV Explorer has turned around. But where do we go now?

ALEXANDRIA, EGYPT
In less than 24 hours, I will be in Africa. Sure I'm a bit bummed on not seeing Istanbul (former Constantinople), but hey, I have a feeling this will make up for it. Traveling to Egypt has been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember. I am already signed up for a day trip in which I will be riding camels through a desert resort, taking a jeep safari through the pyramids of Giza, and waltzing through Cairo. Cairo! I promise to bring you all Egyptian trinkets from the bazaar. Can't express how excited I am!

Love
Mark


(ps - recap of Italy will be too long for blog. Look for email)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Personally I would see that as a turn for the better :) Now you can check africa off your list, and there's propably a lot to see!