Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mark at Sea

Full days at sea: 2
Days left before USA: 10

Over the course of the summer, the MV Explorer has docked in Norway, Russia, Denmark, Belgium, Italy, Egypt, Greece, and Croatia. We arrived in each port around 6am, which means that I would wake up to breakfast with a view of a foreign country. So strange to think that Virginia is the next port of call. It's easy to grow comfortable with this lifestyle, but the return home is well needed.

I am pooped and nearly penniless (the two seem to go hand-in-hand). I spent my last 200 Kuna (Croatian currency - about 40 dollars) on cereal, granola, MILK!, orange juice, and tortilla chips for the 12 day journey home. There are so many little things I look forward to back home, but until then, I plan on enjoying the last of my time with friends onboard.

We are still in the Med, and the weather is great. Seas are calm (but for how long?), sun is shining, classes are almost over, and I have vowed to start getting back into shape. Two months of Euro-travel have certainly taken a toll on Mark's body.

I get home on the 22nd of August, and classes do not start until Sep 25. What to do? Tom Petty at the Verizon, and Styx at the Taste of Newport ("All the women in the fac-tor-E). Of course, I must get money first. Then find a place to live in Westwood. Then figure out UCLA. Yeahhh...

Can't wait to see everybody!
Cheers
Mark

No comments: